Reminder: Spelling Assessment is this THURSDAY.
Students have had their differentiated spelling lists with words to study, practice, and learn since Friday, March 8th. Students have been working on spelling practice activities at school and should be working on spelling activities at home too. Your child's next check-up assessment will be this THURSDAY, March 21st. There are only three more days to study, practice, and learn these words.
"Kids Kreations" Art Project PTO Fundraiser:
If you would like to purchase any of the items from Kids Kreations, please complete your order online or send the completed order form back to school by TOMORROW, Monday, March 18th. A brochure with information and a picture of your child's artwork was sent home a couple weeks ago.
Mrs. VanderVere’s Class’s Topics To Share
- March Books, Dr. Seuss Books, Irish Folktale Books, St. Patrick's Day Books, Seasonal Books, Sound & Light Books, Moon Books, Nutrition Books, Food Books, Geometry/Shape Math Books, and Poetry
- Guided Reading/Small Group Instructional Level Reading
- Dr. Seuss (continued) www.seussville.com
- Word Wall Words & ReadyGEN Spelling Words Practice
- ReadyGEN Performance Based Assessment Narrative Writing
- Creative Writing: “I am lucky...”
- Shape Attributes, Sorting Shapes, Creating Shape Riddles, Problem Solving, and Review
- Social Learning/Emotion Management: “Self-Talk for Calming Down”
- Light: Sunlight is reflected off the moon, creating different phases.
- St. Patrick's Day: Irish Traditions and Celebrations
*Reminders and Upcoming Events:
- "Kids Kreations" Art Project PTO Fundraiser: If you would like to purchase any of the items from Kids Kreations, please complete your order online or send the completed order form back to school by next Monday, March 18th. A brochure with information and a picture of your child's artwork was sent home last week.
- Library Books: School library books are due next THURSDAY, March 21st.
- ReadyGEN Spelling Words: Your child will be assessed on his/her current list of spelling words next THURSDAY, March 21st. We have been working on some spelling word activities at school. Your child should also be doing some practice activities with his/her spelling words at home.
- Early Release/Parent Teacher Conferences: Students will be dismissed early at 1:00 p.m. next Thursday, March 21st for scheduled evening Parent-Teacher Conferences from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
*Students will be eating their healthy fruit or vegetable morning snacks and lunches at school.
– No School/Parent Teacher Conferences: Students do not have school next Friday, March 22nd for scheduled morning Parent-Teacher Conferences from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Spring Break: Spring Break officially begins on Monday, March 25th. School resumes on Monday, April 1st.
- Attendance Reminder: If your child is going to be absent from school for any reason, please call the school's attendance line and report his/her absence at 224-765-3505.
- Hand Wipes and Tissues Update: We would like to thank the Crane, Stolarick, Strasman, and Strehl families for donating tissues and/or wipes this week.
Indian Trail March Snack Drive:
TOMORROW, Friday, March 15th is the last day our school will be collecting snack food donations of belVita, applesauce, graham crackers, goldfish crackers, breakfast bars, fruit cups, fruit snacks, fruit ropes, and spoons. These donations will help provide snacks for families in need.
*Thank you for your continued help and support!
Reminder: Please sign up for March Parent-Teacher Spring Conferences by tomorrow, Friday, March 15th.
March Parent-Teacher Spring Conference Sign-Up:
Our March Spring Parent-Teacher Conference days are scheduled next Thursday, March 21st in the evening from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and next Friday March 22nd in the morning from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Our school is using the PCTfast.com website again for parents to sign up for a fifteen minute conference time online. This website link is posted on our school website. Please sign up for a conference time as soon as possible if you have not already done so. The live website link will be closing TOMORROW, Friday, March 15th. Thank you!
*If you are NOT available to come to school on the scheduled conference days, please sign up for an available fifteen minute time slot on one of the conference days to have a phone conference.
Today your child has his/her "myON" digital library reading website information on a white note inside his/her blue Home Folder. Please help enroll your child on this reading website and have him/her practice reading at home. Students have already taken the interest inventory and lexile assessment at school last week.
Reminder: Our Indian Trail March PTO meeting is today, Monday, March 11th at 7:00 p.m. in our school library.