- An accident is when you do something you didn't mean to do.
- It is important to accept responsibility for an accident to prevent others from assuming it was intentional.
|Mrs. VanderVere's First Grade Blog||
Moraine Township Food Drive:
TOMORROW, Friday, December 14th is the last day our school will be collecting food donations of Belvita, graham crackers, Nutrigrain bars, macaroni & cheese cups, Ramen, fruit cups, and, fruit snacks for the Moraine Township Food Pantry. These donations will help provide food for families in need. Thanks for your help!
Hand Wipes and Tissues Needed:
Our class is currently running low on hand wipes and tissues. If possible, please send some antibacterial hand wipes and tissues to school with your child. “Wet Ones” hand wipes & “Kleenex Anti-Viral” tissues are two of the recommended brands to help limit the spread of germs. Thank you for your continued help and support!
The Moraine Township Food Drive began today, Monday, December 10th and ends this Friday, December 14th.
Moraine Township Food Drive:
This week our school will be collecting food donations of Belvita, graham crackers, Nutrigrain bars, macaroni & cheese cups, Ramen, fruit cups, and, fruit snacks for the Moraine Township Food Pantry. These donations will help provide food for families in need. Thanks for your help!
Mrs. VanderVere’s Class’s Topics To Share
- December Holiday Books, Hanukkah Books, Snow Books, Weather Books, Family Books, Friendship Books, Manners Books, School Books, “I PICK” Books, and Poetry
- Guided Reading/Small Group Instructional Level Reading
- First Grade MAP Reading Test
- Jan Brett (continued) www.janbrett.com
- Creative Writing: December Holidays
- Word Wall Words Handwriting Practice
- Reading Response Writing
- Tens & Teens, Place Value, Addition & Subtraction Equations, Equations with Missing Information, Problem Solving, and Review
- First Grade MAP Math Test
- December Holidays: Traditions and Customs
- Social Learning/Empathy: “Feelings Change”
- Air and Weather: Air Pressure Exploration Activities
*Reminders and Upcoming Events:
- Ice Cream Day: Students who have already signed up and paid online will have their names on the PTO's ice cream list to get a nut/allergen free ice cream/frozen treat during lunch next Wednesday, December 12th.
- Library Books: School library books are due next Friday, December 14th.
- Bundling Up: Please remind your child to dress appropriately for the cold outdoor weather by wearing a warm, heavy coat, snow pants, hat, gloves or mittens, scarf, warm boots, etc.
*Students have 25 minutes of outdoor recess everyday after lunch.
- Getting Dressed: Please have your child practice zipping, snapping, buttoning, and tying his/her shoes if he/she still needs assistance getting dressed. Thank you for your continued help and support at home!
- Winter Break: Winter break will begin after school on Friday, December 21st. School will resume on Monday, January 7th.
***ATTENDANCE REMINDER: If your child is going to be absent from school for any reason, please call the school's attendance line and report his/her absence at 224-765-3505.
Scholastic Book Orders:
If you would like to order books from the Scholastic Book Clubs for your child, family, and/or our classroom library, please complete the order form inside the book orders and send it back to school inside your child's blue Home folder or place your child's book order online with a credit card at https://clubs.scholastic.com/
Our online class activation code is HLJJB.
Please send completed order forms to school with MONEY or a check made out to Scholastic Book Clubs for the total amount or pay with a credit card online for orders placed on the Scholastic Book Clubs website by TOMORROW, Tuesday, December 4th.
Thank you for taking the time to go over this with your child.
Mrs. Heidi VanderVere
Please click on the image below to be redirected to the Scholastic Book Club website.