- Presidents Books, George Washington Books, Abraham Lincoln Books, Dental Health Books, Chinese New Year Books, Chinese Folktale Books, Valentine’s Day Books, Groundhog Day Books, Shadow Books, Winter & Snow Books, Weather Books, Friendship Books, and Poetry
- Instructional Level Reading Assessments (continued)
- ReadyGEN Unit 4 Reading Assessments
- Robert Munsch (continued) www.robertmunsch.com
- Word Wall Words & ReadyGEN Spelling Words Practice
- ReadyGEN Unit 4 Reading Response Writing Assessment
- ReadyGEN Informative/Explanatory Writing Performance Based Assessment
- Geometry, Pattern Block Puzzles: How Many Ways?, Shape Attributes, Sorting Shapes, Shape Detectives, Problem Solving, and Review
- George Washington: “The Father of Our Country”
- Greenhouse: We explored our greenhouse on Friday. We made some amazing plant growth observations. We combined tasty harvested plants to make salad!
*Reminders and Upcoming Events:
- North Shore School District 112 Art Show: Please visit our amazing “District 112 Student Art Show 2019” at The Art Center of Highland Park, located at 1957 Sheridan Road in Highland Park, IL. The art exhibits are open now through next Tuesday, February 26th. This art show includes a wonderful selection of artwork created by kindergarten through eighth grade students in our district.
*Families are invited to attend an informal Open House next Tuesday, February 26th from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. with our school district's art teachers.
- Six Flags “Read to Succeed” Ticket Opportunity: Students’ “Read to Succeed” Six Hour Reading Club forms are due by next Thursday, February 28th if your child chose to participate. Your child’s reading log must have a TOTAL of at least 360 minutes/6 hours of reading recorded and initialed by a parent.
- Library Books: School library books are due next Friday, March 1st.
- Early Release: Students will be dismissed at 1:00 p.m. next Friday, March 1st.
*Students will still be eating their healthy fruit or vegetable snacks and lunches at school.
- No School/Casimir Pulaski Day: We do not have school on Monday, March 4th in honor of Casimir Pulaski.
- Hand Wipes and Tissues Needed: Our class is still running low on hand wipes and tissues. If possible, please send some antibacterial hand wipes and tissues to school with your child. “Wet Ones” hand wipes and “Kleenex Anti-Viral” tissues are two of the recommended brands to help limit the spread of germs.
*Thank you to Genevieve's family for donating tissues last week.
- ReadyGEN Spelling Words: Today your child has his/her third list of ReadyGEN spelling words inside his/her blue Home folder and will be assessed on them Friday, March 8th. We will be working on spelling word activities at school next week and the following week. Your child should also be doing practice activities with his/her new spelling words at home.
- Ice Cream Day: Students will have another opportunity to get a nut/allergen free ice cream/frozen treat on Wednesday, March 13th.
*Students need to be signed up and have orders placed online through our PTO website by noon on Wednesday, March 6th.
- Early Release/Parent Teacher Conferences: Students will be dismissed early at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 21st for scheduled Parent-Teacher Conferences from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
*Students will be eating their healthy fruit or vegetable morning snacks and lunches at school.
– No School/Parent Teacher Conferences: Students do not have school on Friday, March 22nd for scheduled Parent-Teacher Conferences from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Spring Break: Spring Break officially begins on Monday, March 25th. School resumes on Monday, April 1st.
- Attendance Reminder: If your child is going to be absent from school for any reason, please call the school's attendance line and report his/her absence at 224-765-3505.