- Scholastic News/Weekly Reader, Autumn/Fall Books, Pumpkin Books, Weather Books, Addition Books, Friendship Books, Manners Books, School Books, “I PICK” Books, and Poetry
- Guided Reading/Small Group Instructional Level Reading
- Denise Fleming (continued) www.denisefleming.com
- Narrative Writing/Small Moments: Sequencing & Using Transition Words
- Word Sorts Writing and Handwriting Practice
- Reading Response Writing
- Addition, Using Number Lines, Using Dominos to Add, Counting On/Up, Domino Game, Problem Solving, and Review
- Social Learning/Empathy: Identifying Feelings
- Life Cycle of Pumpkins: “How Do You Grow a Giant Pumpkin?”
- Weather: Animal Behavior and Migration
*Reminders and Upcoming Events:
- Indian Trail PTO Meeting: Our next Indian Trail PTO meeting will be held next Monday, October 23rd at 7:00 p.m. in our school library.
- Indian Trail School Picture Day: Students will be having their school photographs taken next Tuesday, October 24th in the morning.
- November Fall Conference Date & Time Preference Form: Today your child has a parent preference form in his/her blue Home folder to be completed with your top three choices of date and time for your parent-teacher conference. Forms need to be completed and returned by next Thursday, October 26th. Then our staff will be able to coordinate our schedules for Fall Conferences for all of our families.
- Highland Park High School Halloween Concert: Students from Indian Trail will be walking over to Highland Park High School next Thursday, October 26th at 9:30 in the morning to see their exciting musical Halloween Concert performance.
- “Words Their Way” Word Study Assessment: Students will be assessed on their current lists of Word Sort words next Friday, October 27th. We have been practicing different word sort activities this week at school. Your child should be doing these different word sort practice activities at home too.
- Library Books: School library books are due by next Friday, October 27th.
- Kids A-Z/Raz-Kids Reading Website: Please make sure your child is enrolled and is practicing on the Kids A-Z/Raz-Kids reading district website to help strengthen his/her reading comprehension as a part of your child's weekly practice routine. Your child needs to read a story first and then take the comprehension quiz to check for understanding. Your child should NOT be “LISTENING” to the stories, because we are using this website to help focus on strengthening his/her reading comprehension, not listening comprehension. Students are leveled at their independent reading level and should be able to work on this website independently or with minimal assistance.
*If your child makes any errors on his/her quiz, he/she needs to reread the story and retake the quiz until ALL answers are correct and accurate.
- Hand Wipes Needed: Our class is still running low on hand wipes. If possible, please send some hand wipes to school with your child. 'Wet Ones' hand wipes is a recommended brand to help limit the spread of germs. Thank you to the Daihes and Wigmore families for donating hand wipes to our class this week.
- Halloween Party Volunteers Needed: If anyone is interested in helping with the Halloween classroom celebration after the parade on Tuesday, October 31st from 2:15 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., please email Mrs. Kach at email@example.com. Thank you!
- Halloween Parade: Families and friends are invited to come and see our annual outdoor Halloween costume parade at 1:50 p.m. on Tuesday, October 31st. Please send your child to school with his/her Halloween costume in a bag that day, so we can change in the afternoon. Students’ costumes should be safely designed and age appropriate to allow for adequate vision, mobility, and warmth. Masks cannot be worn. NO TOY WEAPONS of any type will be allowed at school.
- No School/Veterans Day: We do not have school on Friday, November 10th in honor of Veterans Day.
- Ice Cream Day: Students will have the opportunity to purchase an ice cream/frozen treat on Wednesday, November 15th during lunch for $3.00.
- No School/Parent-Teacher Conferences: There will be no school on Monday, November 20th and Tuesday, November 21st for Parent-Teacher Conferences.
– No School/Thanksgiving Break: There will also be no school on Wednesday, November 22nd, Thursday, November 23rd, and Friday, November 24th for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Indian Trail PTO Meeting: The November Indian Trail PTO meeting will be held on Monday, November 27th at 7:00 p.m. in our school library.