- Scholastic News/Weekly Reader, Environmental Awareness Books, April Books, Spring Books, Seasonal Books, Plant Books, Math Books, and Poetry Books
- Guided Reading/Small Group Instructional Level Reading
*Poetry Author Study
- Jack Prelutsky www.jackprelutsky.com
- Realistic Fiction Writing/Using an Editing Checklist
- Environmental Awareness Writing
- Word Sort Writing and Handwriting
- Reading Response Writing
- Strategies for Solving Story Problems, Identifying Symmetrical Figures, Telling Time, Recording Time, Problem Solving, and Review
- Environmental Awareness: “Many Pieces, One Earth”
- Earth Day 2018- Sunday, April 22nd: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
- Social Learning/Bullying Prevention: “Reporting Bullying”
- Safety Presentation/Erin’s Law: Mrs. Demarco, our school social worker, talked to the students about “safe touches” and appropriate ways to get help.
*Reminders and Upcoming Events
- Early Release: Students will be dismissed at 1:00 p.m. next Friday, April 27th.
*Students will still be eating their fruit or vegetable snacks and lunches at school.
- Library Books: School library books are due by next Friday, April 27th.
- Spring Open House/Information About the 2018-2019 School Year: Parents of returning students and new parents are both encouraged to attend our Spring Open House on Monday, April 30th to learn about many exciting changes that will be happening at Indian Trail for the 2018-2019 school year. There will be two evening presentations in the big gym based on the first letter of your last name.
*Last Name A-L: 6:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. & Last Name M-Z: 7:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- Classroom Request/Tissues and Hand Wipes Needed: Our class is down to our last two open boxes of tissues and is still running low on hand wipes. If possible, please send some tissues and antibacterial hand wipes to school with your child. “Kleenex Anti-Viral” tissues and “Wet Ones” hand wipes are two of the recommended brands to help limit the spread of germs. Thanks for your continued help and support! *Thank you to the Schroeder family for donating hand wipes this week.
- Indian Trail May PTO Meeting: The Indian Trail May PTO meeting will be held on Monday, May 14th at 7:00 p.m. in our school library.
- Ice Cream Day: Students will have the opportunity to purchase an ice cream/frozen treat on Wednesday, May 16th during lunch for $3.00.
- K-2 Family STEAM Night: Students in kindergarten, first grade, and second grade are invited to come to school with their families on Wednesday, May 16th between 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. to explore and participate in some interactive STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) activities.
- PTO Family Bingo Night: Our wonderful PTO invites Indian Trail families for an evening of fun to play Bingo at school on Friday, May 18th at 6:00 p.m.
- No School/Records Day: Students do not have school on Friday, May 25th.
- No School/Memorial Day: We do not have school on Monday, May 28th in honor of Memorial Day.